The owner of the SUV involved in the Mandaluyong City hit-and-run incident failed to appear at the Land Transportation Office (LTO) hearing set for Friday.
This is the driver’s second and final show cause order since the incident on June 5, which left a security guard hospitalized with serious injuries.
Authorities had previously stated that failure to appear at the hearing would result in the cancellation of the driver’s license, which had been suspended indefinitely.
Renante Melitante, officer-in-charge of the LTO Intelligence and Investigation Division, said, “It is most likely that we will suggest the possible revocation.”
LTO officials stated that the SUV might be impounded at any time.
Earlier, Sen. JV Ejercito, already stated that the father of the driver of the SUV has reached out to him and has signified that they will handle all hospital expenses of the security guard
Thereafter, through a tweet, he announced that the father of the controversial driver of the RAV-4 has reached out to him. The senator also said that the father sent a message to thim through an emissary. According to the senator, the family of the driver will be shouldering all the medical expenses of the guard.
Meanwhile, the victim was discharged from the hospital Thursday afternoon, according to his security agency.